WilCo Dems Fight Back!
21 ways to fight back right now!
Here are 21 ways to stay engaged and make a difference at the local level:
1) Volunteer with the party! We will need your help to get out the vote to elect progressives to city councils and school boards this May! Sign up to be a volunteer on our website or click here to sign up as a volunteer, and watch our Facebook page and website for events.
2) Volunteer by serving on the Grassroots Committee (which regularly hosts phone banks and block walks to support our candidates and party). The Grassroots Committee is also taking on the major challenge of implementing our precinct infrastructure plan.
3) Volunteer at the Party office. Volunteer to work a regular shift to keep our party office open. This is vital to making the party more available to people. If you are interested contact Kim Gilby at email@example.com.
4) Volunteer with your Precinct Chair: Precinct Chairs implement the parties organizing goals at the neighborhood level, and they always need help!
5) Serve on a WCDP committee: Candidate Recruitment Committee, Communications Committee, Database Committee, Events Committee, Finance Committee, Fundraising Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, Rules Committee, and Grassroots Committee.
6) Help us work booths and parades at festivals and events throughout the county. Contact Events Chair Jessica Stempko at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer with these types of events.
7) Become a Voter Registrar and register more WilCo voters. Trainings are offered at the Williamson County Inner Loop Annex Elections Department, located at 301 SE Inner Loop Ste 104, Georgetown, TX 78626. Their phone number is: (512) 943-1630. Training classes are offered the first and third Tuesday of each month at 2:00pm and 6:00pm. Please contact their office to reserve a seat by 12:00 pm on the day you wish to attend training. Class size is limited, so please be sure to reserve your spot prior to arriving for class.
8) Become a sustaining donor of the Williamson County Democratic Party. We are currently in the middle of our Annual Sustaining Donor Drive. Now is the time to sign up and renew. In 2016, we elected the first Democrat to the County Commissioners Court in 22 years! The WilCo Dems are on the move, and we plan to work hard to build on our success. Become a sustaining donor today to help us elect more Democrats in Williamson County!
What is a sustaining donor?
A sustaining donor is someone who donates at least $120 a year or $10 a month. We are encouraging people to give $20 a month to help us build towards 2020. If you have any questions, please contact our Finance Chair Kent Miller at email@example.com.
Click here or visit our website to sign up as a sustaining donor: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdp2017sustainingdonor.
9) Purchase a season pass to our 5 WilCo Dems fundraising events in 2017. This money goes directly into our grassroots funds. https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/2017wcdpseasonpass
10) Become a member of the WilCo Dems Financial Council. Members make a single gift of $1,000 or more to the County Party. Contact Finance Chair, Kent Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in making this generous gift.
11) Call your elected officials (Congress, Senate, Texas Senate, Texas House…)
a. Currently, we are being encouraged to contact our Texas Senators and Texas Representatives to ask them to support online voter registration! HB143 Author: Representative Celia Israel.
12) Write letters/postcards to your elected officials.
13) Become a Texas Democrats Grassroots Tweeter. Sign up at act.txdemocrats.org/grassrootstweeter
14) Follow the WilCo Dems on Twitter and Facebook, and share our events and activities. www.facebook.com/wilco.democrats, twitter.com/wilcodems.
BE A REGULAR
15) Join us for our monthly meeting. We have our monthly meeting the second Thursday of the month at the BACA Center, located at 301 W Bagdad Ave # 2, Round Rock, TX 78664, from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM. This is where you can find out about what is going on with the party and what you can do to help us succeed.
16) Join us for our happy hours (monthly social). The happy hours are the fourth Thursday of each month (January – October) at different places throughout the county. This is a great way to help us build our community of Proud WilCo Dems! Check our events calendar on our website for more information.
17) Join one of our many clubs! Sun City Democrats, East Williamson County Democrats, Western WilCo Dems Club, Round Rock Democrats, Democratic Women of WilCo, WilCo Young Dems, and WilCo Tejano Democrats! Visit our website, or click here to learn more about our many clubs.
BE AN ORGANIZER AND LEADER
18) Consider being a precinct chair! If there is a vacancy in your precinct, and if you are interested in learning more, contact our Party Chair, John Bucy, at email@example.com, and Mike Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can set up a time to talk. Visit our website, or click here for a list of precinct chairs.
19) Run for office! Especially at the local level. We need candidates for city councils and school boards! If you are serious about running for office, email email@example.com and Mike Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can set up a time to talk.
20) Have an idea that we’re not currently doing? We are all volunteers here. Let us know your idea, and then help us implement it.
LOOK AT OTHER COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
21) Look at other community ways to get engaged from volunteering with cause groups like Texas NARAL Pro-Choice Tezas and the Sierra Club, to supporting the Texas Democratic Party, to volunteering with Jimmy Flannigan’s What’s Next initiative, to supporting your local Indivisible chapter, and, of course, volunteering with our candidates to help them get elected!
No matter what you do, get active, and stay involved! We welcome all Democrats and progressives to join us! I hope to see you soon.
Chairman – Williamson County Democratic Party
email@example.com * www.facebook.com/BucyForTexas * www.WilcoDemocrats.org