The WilCo Dems had a great showing at the Women’s March on ATX this past Saturday. Since the march, the number one question I have been asked is, “Where do we go from here?”.
Here are some ways to stay engaged and make a difference at the local level:
1) Become a sustaining donor of the Williamson County Democratic Party. We are currently in the middle of our Annual Sustaining Donor Drive. Now is the time to sign up and renew. In 2016, we elected the first Democrat to the County Commissioners court in 22 years! The WilCo Dems are on the move, and we plan to work hard to build on our success. Become a sustaining donor today to help us elect more Democrats in Williamson County!
WHAT IS A SUSTAINING DONOR?
A sustaining donor is someone who donates at least $120 a year or $10 a month. We are encouraging people to give $20 a month to help us build towards 2020. If you have any questions, please contact our Finance chair Kent Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up as a sustaining donor: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdp2017sustainingdonor
2) Volunteer with the party! We will be actively engaged in the legislative session and the municipal elections in May. We will need your help to get out the vote to elect progressives to city councils and school boards this May! Click here to sign up as a volunteer, and watch our Facebook page and website for events.
3) Join us for our monthly meeting and monthly happy hour. We have our monthly meeting the second Thursday of the month at the BACA Center, located at 301 W Bagdad Ave # 2, Round Rock, TX 78664, from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM. Our happy hours are the fourth Thursday of each month at different places throughout the county. Check our events calendar for more information.
4) Join one of our many clubs! Sun City Democrats, East Williamson County Democrats, Western WilCo Dems Club, Round Rock Democrats, Democratic Women of WilCo, WilCo Young Dems, and WilCo Tejano Democrats! Click here to learn more about our many clubs.
5) Consider being a precinct chair if there is a vacancy in your precinct. If you are interested in learning more, contact our Party Chair, John Bucy, at email@example.com. Click here for a list of precinct chairs.
6) Purchase a season ticket to our 5 fundraising events in 2017! https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/2017wcdpseasonpass
7) Run for office! If you are serious about running for office, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can set up a time to talk.
No matter what you do, get active and stay involved! I hope to see you soon.
Community ways to get involved:
Councilman Jimmy Flannigan's Whats Next: http://www.jimmyflannigan.com/next
A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR RESISTING THE TRUMP AGENDA: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/