Calendar / WCDP Monthly Meeting
From 6:45 PM to 8:30 PM
Allen R Baca Center, 301 Bagdad, Building 2, Round Rock, TX 78664
The WCDP's monthly meetings are generally held on the second Thursday of each month. At these meetings all of the decisions about the WCDP activities -- visibility projects, campaign strategies, fundraising tasks, etc. Only the members of the Executive Committee (precinct chairs, county chair, and party officers) are authorized to vote on our decisions, but any Democrat attending the meeting can participate in the discussions that lead up to the decisions.
What Happens at a Monthly Meeting?
Our meetings accomplish several goals.
(1) The WCDP Executive Committee decides what projects the party is going to undertake and what expenditures the party is going to make. The EC is comprised of all Wilco Democratic Party precinct chairs (one from each voting precinct in the county), the county chair, and the officers (secretary, treasurer, vice chairs, and parliamentarian). Even though EC members are the only people who can vote for or against the decisions that we make for the party, we love input from all Democrats who attend our meetings.
(2) The meetings give all Democrats in the county an opportunity to meet and talk with our candidates. Want to know what they believe? Why they are running? What they will do if they are elected? You can start here.
(3) The meetings give all Democrats in the county an opportunity to meet and talk with Democratic leaders in the local party, Democratic leaders in the county, and Democratic leaders in the state.
(4) The meetings give Democrats a chance to build networks with other Democrats.
(5) The meetings are where we plot our activities for 2016!
PLEASE COME! WE HAVE BEGUN THE TREK TO TURNING WILCO BLUE!